From the Dollars & Sense blog:
- Thursday Links: SEC, TPP, Rana Plaza, etc. | June 18, 2015
- Two Illinois Victories | May 27, 2015
- New Issue! | May 17, 2015
- Monday Links: Rihanna, Baltimore, Private Equity, etc. | May 4, 2015
- Warren Buffett, Chicago/Illinois, Atlanta Cheating Scandal | April 9, 2015
- Siding with Wall Street's Winners | March 24, 2015
Special to the Web:
How a Progressive Tax System Made Detroit a Powerhouse (and Could Again)
During the city’s heyday from the 1890s through the 1940s, mayors and other civic leaders embraced the principles espoused by American economist Henry George, raising revenue through property taxes, rather than income or sales taxes. Read more »
Banking on the Public
Going Postal, North Dakota, and other finance alternatives: A report-back from Public Banking 2013: Funding the New Economy. Read more »
Taxing Cash Hoarders
Nonfinancial corporations are stockpiling enormous sums of cash. A tax on this idle cash that would light a fire under corporations to invest it now. Read more »
Jobs, Deficits, and the Misguided Squabble over the Debt Ceiling.
Why the absurd squabble over the debt ceiling was distracting, destructive, and almost entirely beside the point. Read more »
Local Activism against Wal-Mart
Corporate Power, Wal-Mart and the Undermining of the Democratic Process
Is the Wal-Mart Way the American Way?
Why Is the Government Buying Long-Term Bonds?
Questions and Answers on the Fed’s “QE2” program. Read more »
Earlier web-only articles, mostly on the financial crisis, dating back to December 2007.