After the latest tanking of the stock market, the stocks of 101 companies on the S&P 500 are now trading at less than $10 a share. As Reuters notes, the number can create its own feedback cycle as many institutional investors are prohibited from holding shares valued below this amount.
- Friday Links December 12, 2014
- New Issue! Plus: Links November 25, 2014
- That Film About Money October 26, 2014
- Tuesday Links: London Whale, S.A.C. Capital, Jeff Madrick October 21, 2014
- Friday Links: Market Basket, War and Climate Change, etc. October 3, 2014
at a 30% discount.
TagsAbby Scher Adidas Alejandro Reuss Bill Barclay Bill Black Cambridge Controversy climate change co-ops CPEG Darwin BondGraham Dave Zirin David Brooks David Cay Johnston Deborah M. Figart Detroit Doug Henwood Fiscal Cliff Gaza Harris v. Quinn Henry George Hobby Lobby inequality interest rate swaps Israel James K. Galbraith Jason Stanley libor Lynn Parramore May Day Obamacare Paul Krugman Phil Gasper poverty recovery Robert Solow Ron Baiman Sarah Blaskey Steven Pressman sweatshops taxes Thomas Piketty ultra-right unions William K. Black Wolf Richter