Chrysler announced that it will cut 25% of its white-collar workforce of 17,300 by the end of the year through early retirements and buyouts. The announcement follows yesterday’s news that it would lay off 6% of its hourly workforce by shuttering a plant in Delaware and slowing production at one in Ohio. Chrysler’s sales are down 25% for the year.
- “Labor Day” Links: Rand Wilson, Steve Early, Jeannette Wicks-Lim September 1, 2014
- Thursday Links: Boots, Salaita, Kalamazoo, etc. August 28, 2014
- Friday Links: Gaza, Ferguson, Argentina, and unemployment August 22, 2014
- Wednesday Links August 13, 2014
- Martin Khor: The Gaza Carnage Must Stop August 5, 2014
at a 30% discount.
TagsAdidas Alejandro Reuss Barry Alvarez Bill Barclay Bill Black billionaires Cambridge Controversy co-ops CPEG Darwin BondGraham David Brooks Detroit Doug Henwood education education reform Fiscal Cliff Gaza Harris v. Quinn Henry George Hobby Lobby inequality interest rate swaps Israel James K. Galbraith Jason Stanley libor May Day Phil Gasper poverty prison gerrymandering private equity public schools recovery Robert Solow Ron Baiman Sarah Blaskey Steven Pressman sweatshops taxes Thomas Piketty ultra-right unions University of Wisconsin William K. Black Wolf Richter