Chrysler announced that it will cut 25% of its white-collar workforce of 17,300 by the end of the year through early retirements and buyouts. The announcement follows yesterday’s news that it would lay off 6% of its hourly workforce by shuttering a plant in Delaware and slowing production at one in Ohio. Chrysler’s sales are down 25% for the year.
- New Issue! Plus: Links November 25, 2014
- That Film About Money October 26, 2014
- Tuesday Links: London Whale, S.A.C. Capital, Jeff Madrick October 21, 2014
- Friday Links: Market Basket, War and Climate Change, etc. October 3, 2014
- Annual Labor Issue September 25, 2014
at a 30% discount.
TagsAbby Scher Adidas Alejandro Reuss Bill Barclay Bill Black Cambridge Controversy climate change co-ops CPEG Darwin BondGraham David Brooks David Cay Johnston Deborah M. Figart Detroit Doug Henwood Fiscal Cliff Gaza Harris v. Quinn Henry George Hillary Rettig Hobby Lobby inequality interest rate swaps Israel James K. Galbraith Jason Stanley libor Lynn Parramore May Day Obamacare Paul Krugman Phil Gasper poverty recovery Robert Solow Ron Baiman Sarah Blaskey Steven Pressman sweatshops taxes Thomas Piketty ultra-right unions William K. Black Wolf Richter