Chrysler announced that it will cut 25% of its white-collar workforce of 17,300 by the end of the year through early retirements and buyouts. The announcement follows yesterday’s news that it would lay off 6% of its hourly workforce by shuttering a plant in Delaware and slowing production at one in Ohio. Chrysler’s sales are down 25% for the year.
- Climate March Links: Industrial Policy! September 19, 2014
- Tuesday Links: CEO Pay, Crisis Costs, Climate March, etc. September 16, 2014
- “Labor Day” Links: Rand Wilson, Steve Early, Jeannette Wicks-Lim September 1, 2014
- Thursday Links: Boots, Salaita, Kalamazoo, etc. August 28, 2014
- Friday Links: Gaza, Ferguson, Argentina, and unemployment August 22, 2014
at a 30% discount.
TagsAbby Scher Adidas Alejandro Reuss Bill Barclay Bill Black billionaires Cambridge Controversy climate change co-ops CPEG Darwin BondGraham David Brooks David Cay Johnston Detroit Doug Henwood education education reform Fiscal Cliff Gaza Harris v. Quinn Henry George Hobby Lobby inequality interest rate swaps Israel James K. Galbraith Jason Stanley libor May Day Phil Gasper poverty prison gerrymandering private equity recovery Robert Solow Ron Baiman Sarah Blaskey Steven Pressman sweatshops taxes Thomas Piketty ultra-right unions William K. Black Wolf Richter