We just posted a rather long piece on the impressive string of historic events that have taken place in the last two months, from the nationalization of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to the election of Barack Obama. It’s the fifth part of a series on the subprime/securitization crisis D&S collective member Larry Peterson has written over the last year. All the pieces can be found on the D&S website, in the “Special to the Web” section at the bottom of the site.
- Piketty’s Model of Inequality and Growth in Historical Context, Pt 2 July 23, 2014
- The Supreme Court’s Supremely Inconsistent Same-Day Decisions July 17, 2014
- Piketty’s Model of Inequality and Growth in Historical Context, Pt 1 July 15, 2014
- Monday Links July 14, 2014
- The Euro “Recovery” in Real Time (in Case You Missed It) July 11, 2014
at a 30% discount.
TagsAdidas Alejandro Reuss Barry Alvarez Bill Black billionaires Cambridge Controversy co-ops Darwin BondGraham David Brooks disenfranchisement Doug Henwood education education reform entitlements felony disenfranchisement Fiscal Cliff Grand Bargain Harris v. Quinn Henry George Hobby Lobby homelessness Homelessness Marathon inequality interest rate swaps James K. Galbraith Jeremy Alderson libor Phil Gasper poverty presidential election prison gerrymandering private equity public schools radio Robert Solow Sarah Blaskey Shift Change Steven Pressman sweatshops taxes Thomas Piketty ultra-right unions University of Wisconsin William K. Black