The right-wing chorus continues to try to pin the current financial meltdown on the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). In case you missed our earlier post that debunked the claim, here’s one from the American Prospect, Congressional Testimony by Michigan law professor Michael S. Barr, University of Oregon econ professor Mark Thoma, Ellen Sideman (former head of the Office of Thrift Supervision), and one hot off the presses from BusinessWeek.
- Thursday Links: Buffett, Chicago/Illinois, Atlanta Teachers April 9, 2015
- Siding with Wall Street’s “Winners” March 27, 2015
- Macroeconomics in the Age of Climate Change March 23, 2015
- New Issue! Farms Today–a collaboration with Farm Aid March 13, 2015
- Links on SYRIZA-Eurogroup Agreement February 26, 2015
at a 30% discount.
TagsAbby Scher Adidas Alejandro Reuss austerity Bill Barclay Bill Black Cambridge Controversy climate change co-ops CPEG Darwin BondGraham David Brooks David Cay Johnston Doug Henwood eurozone Fiscal Cliff Gaza Greece homelessness inequality interest rate swaps Israel James K. Galbraith Jason Stanley libor Lynn Parramore May Day Michael Hudson Mike-Frank Epitropoulos neoclassical economics Paul Krugman Phil Gasper recovery Robert Solow Ron Baiman Sarah Blaskey Steven Pressman sweatshops Syriza taxes Thomas Piketty ultra-right William K. Black Yanis Varoufakis Yves Smith