The right-wing chorus continues to try to pin the current financial meltdown on the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). In case you missed our earlier post that debunked the claim, here’s one from the American Prospect, Congressional Testimony by Michigan law professor Michael S. Barr, University of Oregon econ professor Mark Thoma, Ellen Sideman (former head of the Office of Thrift Supervision), and one hot off the presses from BusinessWeek.
- Piketty’s Model of Inequality and Growth in Historical Context, Pt 2 July 23, 2014
- The Supreme Court’s Supremely Inconsistent Same-Day Decisions July 17, 2014
- Piketty’s Model of Inequality and Growth in Historical Context, Pt 1 July 15, 2014
- Monday Links July 14, 2014
- The Euro “Recovery” in Real Time (in Case You Missed It) July 11, 2014
at a 30% discount.
TagsAdidas Alejandro Reuss Barry Alvarez Bill Black billionaires Cambridge Controversy co-ops Darwin BondGraham David Brooks disenfranchisement Doug Henwood education education reform entitlements felony disenfranchisement Fiscal Cliff Grand Bargain Harris v. Quinn Henry George Hobby Lobby homelessness Homelessness Marathon inequality interest rate swaps James K. Galbraith Jeremy Alderson libor Phil Gasper poverty presidential election prison gerrymandering private equity public schools radio Robert Solow Sarah Blaskey Shift Change Steven Pressman sweatshops taxes Thomas Piketty ultra-right unions University of Wisconsin William K. Black