The right-wing chorus continues to try to pin the current financial meltdown on the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). In case you missed our earlier post that debunked the claim, here’s one from the American Prospect, Congressional Testimony by Michigan law professor Michael S. Barr, University of Oregon econ professor Mark Thoma, Ellen Sideman (former head of the Office of Thrift Supervision), and one hot off the presses from BusinessWeek.
- David Cay Johnston at the JP Forum, Tuesday 4/15 April 14, 2014
- Congressman Bill Foster Explains Why Middle Class Tax Cuts Lead to Economic Growth April 6, 2014
- New Issue! March 29, 2014
- Full-Page NYT Ad Against Proponents of Wage Hike February 28, 2014
- Increasing the Minimum Wage Can Actually Create Jobs—If It’s Enforced February 13, 2014
at a 30% discount.
TagsAdidas Alejandro Reuss Barry Alvarez Bill Black billionaires Co-opoly co-ops Darwin BondGraham David Brooks David Cay Johnston disenfranchisement economic growth education education reform entitlements felony disenfranchisement Fiscal Cliff Grand Bargain Grand Betrayal Heidi Garrett-Peltier homelessness Homelessness Marathon inequality interest rate swaps Jamaica Plain Forum Jeremy Alderson libor middle class Phil Gasper poverty presidential election prison gerrymandering private equity public schools radio Sarah Blaskey Shift Change small business sweatshops Tax Day taxes tax policy Third Way University of Wisconsin William K. Black