The right-wing chorus continues to try to pin the current financial meltdown on the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). In case you missed our earlier post that debunked the claim, here’s one from the American Prospect, Congressional Testimony by Michigan law professor Michael S. Barr, University of Oregon econ professor Mark Thoma, Ellen Sideman (former head of the Office of Thrift Supervision), and one hot off the presses from BusinessWeek.
- Bill Black: Myerson’s Ode to Crony Capitalism June 18, 2013
- Polly Cleveland: It Takes Government to Create Markets June 15, 2013
- Links and Updates June 14, 2013
- Bill Black: Taxing Poor Workers to Subsidize Rich Bankers June 13, 2013
- NSA, Greenwald, Snowden June 11, 2013
at a 30% discount.
TagsAdidas Alejandro Reuss Apple Arthur MacEwan austerity Bill Black billionaires Carmen Reinhart Chris Sturr co-ops Darwin BondGraham David Brooks Dean Baker Fiscal Cliff Gerald Friedman Glenn Greenwald Greece health care hedge funds housing recovery inequality interest rate swaps Jeannette Wicks-Lim John MIller Ken Rogoff libor minimum wage Naked Capitalism Nicole Aschoff P3 Paul Krugman Phil Gasper poverty private equity real estate Robert Pollin Ron Baiman Sam Pizzigati Sarah Blaskey small business sweatshops taxes unemployment William K. Black Yves Smith