The right-wing chorus continues to try to pin the current financial meltdown on the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). In case you missed our earlier post that debunked the claim, here’s one from the American Prospect, Congressional Testimony by Michigan law professor Michael S. Barr, University of Oregon econ professor Mark Thoma, Ellen Sideman (former head of the Office of Thrift Supervision), and one hot off the presses from BusinessWeek.
- “Labor Day” Links: Rand Wilson, Steve Early, Jeannette Wicks-Lim September 1, 2014
- Thursday Links: Boots, Salaita, Kalamazoo, etc. August 28, 2014
- Friday Links: Gaza, Ferguson, Argentina, and unemployment August 22, 2014
- Wednesday Links August 13, 2014
- Martin Khor: The Gaza Carnage Must Stop August 5, 2014
at a 30% discount.
TagsAdidas Alejandro Reuss Barry Alvarez Bill Barclay Bill Black billionaires Cambridge Controversy co-ops CPEG Darwin BondGraham David Brooks Detroit Doug Henwood education education reform Fiscal Cliff Gaza Harris v. Quinn Henry George Hobby Lobby inequality interest rate swaps Israel James K. Galbraith Jason Stanley libor May Day Phil Gasper poverty prison gerrymandering private equity public schools recovery Robert Solow Ron Baiman Sarah Blaskey Steven Pressman sweatshops taxes Thomas Piketty ultra-right unions University of Wisconsin William K. Black Wolf Richter